Export from Botswana
The Export Enterprise Development function is mandated with the task of identifying export markets for locally manufactured products that are export ready. Through our research function BITC identifies and researches new markets to facilitate targeted export promotion aimed at selected buyers, including investigation of opportunities in markets that have trade agreements with Botswana, so as to maximize benefits. This form of research informs the export promotion initiatives by the organization.
Services of the Export Promotion and Development function at BITC are:
- Promoting Botswana products in foreign markets by participating in international trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Timely and efficient services to overseas buyers in vendors identification, drawing itineraries, fixing appointments and other support services.
- Assisting Botswana companies in product development and adaptation to meet buyers’ requirements.
- Organizing Buyers-Seller meetings with a view to bring buyers and sellers together.
- Organizing seminars/ conferences/ workshops on trade-related subjects.
- Developing local manufacturers to reach export readiness standard.
- Dissemination of export promotion information to local manufacturers.
Export Development Program
BITC runs an Export Development Programme (EDP) that focuses on assisting, supporting and preparing manufacturers in terms of the improvement of product quality, packaging and increased production, sufficient enough to meet the requirements of potential buyers. Diagnostic assessment is carried out to gauge the current capacity of our manufacturers for export readiness and develop appropriate customized interventions that are specific to individual company needs.
The training endeavours enable selected companies to gain hands-on practical experience in various aspects of production and operations, export readiness, quality management, human resource and development, strategic management, branding, finance, sales and marketing aimed at enhancing their products’ competitiveness.
Click here for more information...
Click here to download BITC Corporate Profile..